When it comes to payment methods, casino players are looking for convenience and security. Some of the best casinos like M88 or W88 offers a variety of hassle-free deposit and withdrawal methods to fund a player’s account. Utilizing the latest SSL encryption technology guarantees that all player’s personal and financial information is well protected.
Payment Methods for Online Casinos
Now lets us go through some of the most popular payment methods of online casinos to avoid any confusion and to find the best payment options which will smooth your gaming experiences.
Local Bank Transfer
The fastest and easiest way is payments and withdrawals via local bank transfer. Most casinos will allow players to make deposits and withdrawals via a wire transfer from their local bank account. Bank transfer can supports an assortment of currencies, including US dollar, Thai Baht, Chinese Renminbi, Malaysian Ringgit and so on. Different banks will have different processing fees and currency exchange rates, but it’s all quite straight forward where players just need to provide the casino’s IBAN, BIC or SWIFT code, name and bank address, as well as the account number to make the transaction.
Credit Cards, Debit Cards & Prepaid Cards
Some of you who wish to utilize the credit balance in your credit card can opt for payment with Visa, American Express, or MasterCard. Visa card is one of the most widespread and popular types of credit card which is accepted globally by all casinos. It’s one of the most convenient, trustworthy and valid instant payment methods and has abundant security features to preserve card owner’s information secretive. American Express is another big name for credit cards and the casino industry where it’s generally used by global players.
Everyone in the world who opens a bank account would have a MasterCard. MasterCard uses leading-edge technology to ensure that each payment transaction is safe, fast, and protected for all parties involved.
- Visa: Visa network is the biggest credit card and debit card provider in the world. It is available in most countries and its name and logo are some of the most instantly recognizable. It is secure, convenient, and widely used—making it one of the payment methods of choice for many online gamblers. If you have a debit card or a credit card, there is a good chance it will be a Visa, in which case it can be used at most casinos and in most stores.
- MasterCard: The MasterCard network is a close second to Visa in terms of accessibility and popularity. It’s widespread and just as safe, with only a few small differences between the two. One of the main differences is that MasterCard generally has better “Return Protection”, which means you can claim your money back if you have made a payment to a fraudulent website or provider. This process will require you to jump through a few hoops, but it’s good to know that you have that option if you need it.
- AMEX: American Express is the fourth most common credit card network in the United States and the third most common elsewhere. It lags behind Visa and MasterCard in terms of accessibility as it’s accepted in far fewer locations, but it has many benefits that you won’t find with these other cards. For instance, many AMEX cards have rewards schemes, including cashback and Airmiles. These can’t be collected when used on betting sites, but they can be utilized when using AMEX to make retail purchases.
E-wallets are normally the fastest payment method. Some of the most acceptable and popular e-wallets are Skrill, EcoPayz, Neteller, QuickPay, FastPay, AliPay, UnionPay and PayPal. E-wallets are another secure, fast and convenient method to transfer payments online. The Player’s credit or debit card information is stored securely in the e-wallet and they just need to log in to make the payment. The processing time is fast and they are designed for instant use and so are completely enhanced for prompt payment methods.
- PayPal: The biggest online payment system and one that processes millions of payments every single day. PayPal is an easy-to-use payment method and can be utilized by anyone with an address, email address, and credit card. It’s often recommended that you sign up for PayPal to make deposits and withdrawals easier, but it’s possible to deposit through PayPal even if you don’t have an account. Just remember, however, that you may be required to withdraw back to PayPal, in which case you will need an account.
- Skrill: The Skrill network is now one of the biggest payment networks in the world, big enough to rival even PayPal. Skrill began as an alternative to PayPal and many still consider it to be the second biggest of its type, but what few people know is the Skrill owners also own Neteller and Paysafe Card, providers that many gamblers consider to also be in the top 5. Skrill accounts provide many features and benefits, making it perfect for gambling transactions.
- ecoPayz: ecoPayz is a simple, fast payment service designed to offer something a little different from the other providers on the market. In one way, it’s very similar to Skrill, Neteller, and PayPal, but it has its own features and benefits, including the ecoCard, which all account holders can apply for and then use in place of a debit card or a credit card. ecoPayz is becoming increasingly common in the gambling industry as players realize just how safe and useful this service can be.
- Entropay: Entropay was an online payment provider that offered something a little different from other providers. However, the owners were unable to adapt their services to meet rapidly changing payment regulations and they have since closed down. Towards the end of 2018, a freeze was placed on all new accounts and at the beginning of 2019, it was announced that Entropay would be closing down completely. For similar services, try ecoPayz, PayPal, Neteller, or Skrill, none are exactly the same, but they strive towards the same goal and offer similar features.
- Neteller: Founded in the United Kingdom, Neteller was once considered merely as an alternative to PayPal. In fact, its popularity mainly stemmed from the fact that it could be used to gamble with, while PayPal could not. That is no longer the case, but because of that history and its close affinity with this industry, Neteller is still the payment method of choice of many gambling sites. It is fast, cheap, and very easy to use. It’s also available worldwide.
- Bitcoin: The first, best, and biggest cryptocurrency, Bitcoin shook the foundations of fiat currency when it was first developed and it has been steadily growing since then. Bitcoin allows for fast and secure payments between individuals that own Bitcoin wallets. It’s mostly anonymous (although not completely, as once thought) and it can be used on a growing number of websites. Gambling sites are embracing it more than ever and it is becoming widespread in this industry as a result.
Payment methods FAQ's
Is it safe to use my credit card to deposit with an online casino?
Are there other payment methods for deposits than those you've listed?
How long does it take for a deposit to reflect in my account?
Does the casino charge me any fees to deposit or withdrawal?
Will I be able to withdraw my winnings to my credit card?
How long does it take for funds to show in my account using bank transfer?
What types of payment methods do online casinos accept?
Do online casinos accept bank transfers from Malaysian banks?
What are E-wallets?
Is making an online payment safe?
Payment method should be simple and easy, you may select the best payment option which suits your needs and interest. The most important thing is that you can use that payment method anytime, anywhere and at your fingertips, on multiple devices.
Just remember to be safe and don’t share your payment details with anyone. You may also check if the online casino has SSL encryption to keep all of the financial transactions private and protected from malpractice in order to have a peace of mind.
- Payment Methods for Online Casinos